Take your margarita game to smoky new heights with this recipe for a smoked peach brown sugar margarita. Featuring fresh peaches, brown sugar, pureed peaches, and your choice of tequila, this margarita also incorporates smoked sea salt for an incredible dimensional flavor. The following are the ingredients and step-by-step instructions for mixing up this unique margarita at home.
Smoked Peach, Brown Sugar Margarita
- 2 fresh peach slices
- 1⁄2 ounce honey or agave nectar
- 1⁄2 ounce brown sugar
- 2 ounces peach puree or peach nectar
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Smoked sea salt
- Peach slice and lime wheel for garnish
- Rim half of a rocks glass with smoked sea salt by rubbing a lime wedge around the rim and pressing into smoked salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the fresh peach slices with the honey/agave and brown sugar until peaches are lightly crushed and juices are released.
- Add the peach puree, tequila, triple sec, and fresh lime juice. Fill shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds until well chilled and diluted.
- Strain into your prepared smoked salt-rimmed glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a fresh peach slice and lime wheel.
The result is a margarita with sweet, smoky and slightly savory flavors. The brown sugar adds a subtle molasses note that complements the ripe peaches and smoked salt. The peach puree provides brilliant color and a burst of fresh stone fruit flavor in each sip.
For an extra smoky accent, consider using mezcal instead of tequila, or add a few dashes of liquid smoke into your shaker. Grilled peach wedges would also be a fun garnish option. Be sure to use ripe fresh peaches at the peak of season for the best flavor infusion. Sip this smoked peach margarita on your porch at sunset, paired with your favorite tacos, or anytime you're craving a creative new margarita experience. The combination of sweet peach and savory smoke is absolute margarita magic.
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]