Today I am doing the second installment of mocktails for Dry January.
Capture bright, sunny flavors in this herbaceous mango mule cocktail. The combination of fresh mango, zesty citrus, floral thyme, and spicy ginger beer makes for a lively tropical drink that's perfect for sipping. The Seedlip Spice 94 is a warm, aromatic blend of Allspice & Cardamom with fresh citrus top notes to balance the long bitter finish
The Mango Mule Thyme mocktail
- 1 ripe fresh mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 5-6 thyme sprigs
-2 ounces Seedlip Spice 97 (non Alcohoic Spirit)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2-4 ounces Q ginger beer
- Lime wedge and thyme sprig for garnish
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle together the chopped mango and simple syrup. Lightly muddle to release the mango juices but don't over-muddle.
- Add the thyme sprigs and gently muddle to release the aromatic oils.
- Fill Cocktail shaker with ice, then add non-alcoholic spirit and lime juice.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Top with Q ginger beer and give a light stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh thyme sprig.
The muddled mango provides tropical sweetness and flavor, while the lime juice adds brightness. Muddling the thyme gently releases its grassy, floral notes without overpowering. Finally, the ginger beer ties everything together with its spicy effervescence.
This fruity, herbaceous mule is refreshing and full of summer flavor. The combination of mango, citrus, ginger, and thyme makes for a lively mocktail that's perfect for Dry January sipping
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]