Today I am doing part 3 of mocktails for Dry January.
Quench your thirst with today’s mocktail which is tangy, tart, and temptation-free! Bursting with bright lemon, lime, and orange juices swirled with just a kiss of sweetness, it's your ticket to fiesta-ready fun without the spirits or regret.
The Bourbon Gospel Virgin Margarita
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces club or lime soda
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Sea salt or sugar for rim (optional)
- Rim glass with sea salt and sugar or a combo for a sweet salty delight. Dip rim of rocks glass in simple syrup or water, then twist onto plate filled with kosher salt and sugar to coat rim.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Add lemon, lime, and orange juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds until well chilled.
- Top with 2 oz club or lime soda and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with lime wedge hooked onto rim of glass.
The trio of tart citrus juices provides bright, refreshing flavor. A touch of simple syrup adds just enough sweetness to balance out the citrus. Club or lime soda gives it some fizzy effervescence.
Bursting with fresh-squeezed citrus flavor, this vibrant Virgin Margarita is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike. The tangy citrus paired with subtle sweetness makes for a lively cocktail that will transport your tastebuds south of the border, no ID required! Cheers!
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]