Today is part 4 of cocktails for Dry January.
Make the most of the summer's bounty with this light and pleasantly sweet blended cocktail showcasing cool cucumber and melon flavors.
Cucumber Honeydew Mocktail
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Cucumber slices
- Mint sprig
- In a blender, combine the chopped honeydew melon, cucumber, lemon juice, mint leaves, agave nectar and pinch of salt.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a cocktail shaker, pressing down on solids to extract liquids.
- Add a handful of ice to shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber hooked onto the rim plus a sprig of mint.
The honeydew and cucumber blend together for a sweet melon flavor with bright garden notes. The lemon juice perks everything up with some tart citrus while the mint leaves lend a whisper of herbal freshness.
Shaking dilutes the drink for a lighter, more refreshing mouthfeel. The touch of agave nectar balances out the tartness.
Overall, this blended cocktail is the essence of summer in a glass. Refreshing melon and cucumber flavors mingle with bright citrus and herbs for a light, garden-inspired beverage. Sip this cocktail poolside or enjoy as a palate cleanser between courses at a summer dinner party.
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]