Today is the 5th and final installment of mocktails for Dry January. I have to admit that I saved the best for last.
Thank you to Chris over at notjustabartender for the inspiration behind this amazing mocktail
This lively mocktail is sunshine in a glass! The ginger and lemon work together to stimulate the senses with tangy-spicy-sweet flavors. Uplifting, crisp, and incredibly refreshing, this non-alcoholic Bee’s Knees variation will be a hit at brunch or your next cocktail party.
The Bee Sting
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 inches peeled, sliced ginger
- .25 oz Mike’s Hot Honey syrup
- .25 oz ginger syrup
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2.5 oz of Ritual Sprits Whiskey Alternative
- Make ginger syrup by boiling sugar, water, and ginger until sugar dissolves. Simmer 10 minutes, then strain out solids.
- Fill a coupe glass with ice cubes to chill glass.
- Add honey and ginger syrup as well as the fresh lemon juice and just a pinch of salt along with ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add Ritual Sprits Whiskey Alternative. Shake throughly.
- Strain and pour into Chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel or wedge.
The hot honey syrup contributes a subtly sweet heat that complements the sharp ginger and tart lemon.
Let this mocktail transport your tastebuds to warmer climates with its sunny citrus flavors and zesty ginger bite. A sophisticated yet refreshing mocktail that stings the senses, in the best possible way.
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]