Today just in time for New Years Eve I am giving you 10 twist on the traditional glass of Champagne along with some unique toast ideas
Ring in 2024 with festive champagne cocktails featuring an array of flavorful cordials. Add a splash of your favorite flavored syrup to sparkling wine for a unique twist. These cordials also lend themselves beautifully to heartfelt toasts - simply raise a glass and cheers to an incredible year ahead!
Blood Orange Cordial
- Add 1⁄2 ounce blood orange cordial to champagne flute. Top with brut champagne. Garnish with orange twist. "May your 2024 be refreshingly sweet with bursts of adventure."
- Add 1⁄2 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur to flute. Top with dry champagne. Garnish with cucumber ribbon. "Here's to focusing on the important things in 2024. Like friendship, nature and new beginnings."
- Add 1⁄2 ounce Chambord raspberry liqueur to champagne. Garnish with raspberries. "Cheers to embracing life's simple pleasures in 2024, like raspberry cordials and bubbles!"
- Add 1⁄2 ounce pomegranate liqueur to champagne. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. "May your 2024 be filled with seeds of love that blossom into lasting joy."
- Add 1⁄2 ounce peach schnapps to champagne. Garnish with peach slice. "Peachy beginnings ahead! Here's to 2024 being your sweetest year yet."
- Add 1⁄2 ounce crème de mure blackberry liqueur to champagne. Garnish with blackberries. "Hope your 2024 overflows with favorite moments worth toasting about."
- Add 1⁄2 ounce rose water to champagne. Garnish with rose petal. “May inner peace and unconditional love guide you through 2024.”
- Add 1⁄2 ounce lavender syrup to champagne. Garnish with sprig of lavender. “Here’s to calming moments of bliss in 2024 surrounded by things that bring you joy.”
- Add 1⁄2 ounce hibiscus liqueur to champagne. Garnish with hibiscus flower. “Cheers to you blossoming into your best self in 2024!”
- Add 1⁄2 ounce hazelnut liqueur to champagne. Garnish with hazelnuts. “Wishing you warmth, health and happiness in 2024. Let’s toast a nutty adventure!”
As this is my last Cocktail of the Week segment for 2023 I wanted to toast you, my congregation, for almost 3 years of cocktails. Draw near and raise your glass with me
"My friends, as we stand upon the deck looking out at the vast open sea before us, I'm reminded that we are all on this journey called life together. Though at times the waters may be rocky and the skies overcast, we can take comfort in knowing that no matter what storms may arise, we have each other to lean on for support. Our bonds of friendship make us strong enough to weather any gale. So let us raise our glasses to the tall ships of camaraderie and compassion that carry us bravely into the bright horizons of 2024. Wherever the tides may take us this coming year, our dedication to one another will keep us afloat. To friendship, that sturdy vessel upon which we sail joyfully into the future!”
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]