For a fun twist on a classic cocktail, try making a S'mores Old Fashioned. This indulgent drink perfectly captures the flavors of the classic campfire treat in cocktail form.
SMore’s Old Fashioned
- 2 dashes Woodford Chocolate Bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 oz Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon
- 4-5 mini marshmallows
- 151 rum for flambéing or High Proof Bourbon like Bookers
- Place a sugar cube in an old fashioned glass and soak it with 2-3 dashes of the chocolate bitters. Let it sit for a minute to allow the sugar to absorb the bitters.
- Place a small amount if 151 rum or other High Proof Sprit in the glass and muddle throughly
- Now comes the fun Part. Skewer 3-4 small or 1 large Marshmallow. Light the 151 and place the marshmallow over the fire roasting the marshmallows.
- After the fire has burned off, Add 2 oz of the Evan Williams 100 proof bonded bourbon poured diretly over the toasted marshmallows
- Stir gently with a barspoon to incorporate ingredients.
- Add a large ice cube to the glass.
The high-proof bonded bourbon provides a solid base spirit while the chocolate bitters mimic rich cocoa flavors. Flambéing the marshmallows lends a perfectly toasted sweetness and aroma. A fun, interactive cocktail that cleverly infuses the nostalgia of campfire s'mores into classic whiskey drink form.
And while I can’t promise a SMore’s Old Fashioned, I can promise a great time tonight, November 1st, as Bourbon Gospel host a Happy Hour at Henry’s Cigar Lounge Henry’s is located at 101 S Main here in Downtown Mansfield. If you would like to be on the guest list you can email me at [email protected]
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]