As we enter into the 2023 Holiday season, I will be introducing seasonal themed cocktail for the next several weeks. We start off this week with a Fall Themed cocktail.
The Black Widow Cocktail with its alluring deep purple hue and enigmatically sweet yet tart flavor, the Black Widow cocktail is enough to entice any adventurous spirit. This chilling concoction packs a stealthy punch that intrigues the senses.
The Black Widow Cocktail
- 5-6 fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1⁄2 oz crème de cassis
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- Wash and gently muddle blackberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker using a muddler or wooden spoon. Muddle just enough to release the juices without completely breaking down the berries.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add vodka, crème de cassis, and pomegranate juice.
- Secure lid on shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds until thoroughly chilled.
- Double strain mixture through mesh strainers into a stemmed cocktail glass to remove any pieces of berry pulp.
- Garnish with a fresh blackberry skewered on a cocktail pick. For an extra flair, rim the glass with black sugar to create a "spider web" effect.
The vodka provides a smooth yet strong base while the muddled blackberries impart sweet, jammy berry flavor. A touch of crème de cassis offers notes of blackcurrant for depth. Finally, tart pomegranate juice balances the sweetness with a bit of zing.
Shaking blends the ingredients into an opaque, inky purple mixture reminiscent of the Black Widow's dark exoskeleton.
Seductively sweet with a subtle tart bite, this cocktail weaves intrigue and flavor into every velvety sip. Mysterious yet refreshing, the Black Widow cocktail spins flavored spirits into an indulgent web of berry goodness.
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]