This week is another Fall themed cocktail
Warm your spirit this season with the Cinnamon Vanilla Gold Rush. This bourbon cocktail blends rich vanilla, spicy cinnamon, and bright citrus for a comforting yet balanced sipper.
Cinnamon Vanilla Gold Rush Cocktail
- 2 ounces Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon
- 1 ounce Honey Syrup
- 1/2 ounce Fresh Lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Fresh Orange juice
- 1/4 ounce Tuacca or Liquor 43
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Vanilla bean, split lengthwise or Vanilla Extract
- Make the honey syrup by combining honey, warm water, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean in a small saucepan. Heat just until blended and honey dissolves, about 2-3 minutes. Let steep 30 minutes, then discard cinnamon stick and vanilla bean.
- Add bourbon, honey syrup, lemon juice, and orange juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Float the Tuacca over the top by slowly pouring it over the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange twist.
The bourbon provides a solid base with oak and vanilla notes, while the spiced honey syrup delivers warm cinnamon spice and floral sweetness. The fresh citrus juices lend brightness to balance the sweetness. Finally, the floated Tuacca ties everything together for an elegantly warming cocktail.
Sip this Cinnamon Vanilla Gold Rush cocktail while cozying up next to the fireplace with a good book or someone that read one. The perfect drink for chilly winter nights!
As always I am open to hear your take and your input. You can reach me at [email protected]