With this weeks installment I am moving to Christmas themed cocktails
With the holidays right around the corner, it's time to get into the festive spirit with a fun and fittingly green cocktail - The Grinch. This bright and tropical drink is perfect for any holiday gathering.
The “Grinch” Cocktail
- 2 oz vodka
- 3 oz fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz blue curaçao liqueur
- Red sugar
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour in vodka and fresh pineapple juice.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds to chill and combine ingredients.
- Strain into a Double Rocks glass or other chilled cocktail glass.
- Slowly pour blue curaçao liqueur into the center of the drink. As it sinks through the pineapple juice, it will create eddying tendrils of green.
- Garnish your completed Grinch cocktail with a pineapple wedge or leaves. For an extra festive touch, sprinkle the glass rim with red or green sugar or candy sprinkles.
Pro Tip: If you have leftover pineapple juice, it's super easy to freeze it into ice cubes in silicone trays to use in smoothies or to make another batch of the cocktails. The lemon juice will also freeze well to use at another time.
The vodka provides a smooth base spirit while the pineapple juice lends its signature sweet and tangy tropical flavor. But it's the blue curaçao that transforms the cocktail from yellow to an eerie Grinch green.
Fun, festive, and just a little bit wicked, The Grinch cocktail is sure to steal smiles at any holiday gathering. One sip of this sinister tropical drink and your heart just might grow three sizes that day!