Last week, I started a new series on freezer door cocktails. If the term is new to you, it's an all-in-one pre-mixed drink right in the liquor bottle. It can be made ahead and left in the freezer until ready to serve or to just have a delicious cocktail on hand at all times. Thank you to bhg.com for the background information. This week's cocktail is in part a repeat from June 2021. Don't worry about taking notes, as I am giving out the ingredients and instructions. They are always posted on our website.
Freezer Door Espresso Martini Recipe
- With a full bottle of Vodka pour off 10 oz.
- Pour in 3.5 Tablespoons of Espresso Powder
- Add 9 oz of Coffee Liqueur something like Kahula
- Add 1 oz water to simulate the dilution while making the cocktail
- Shake VERY throughly and stick in your freezer
To serve the cocktail, take the bottle out of the freezer and, making sure that the top is tight, give it a few shakes to ensure that no separation has occurred. Then, open the bottle and pour the mixture into a chilled Coupe or Martini glass.
As always I am open to hear your take and your input.